About Loft Labs
We are a venture-backed tech startup with headquarters in San Francisco (Salesforce Tower) but our team is distributed across 8 timezones and we have a remote-first work culture - and not just because of Covid.
Working on developer tools and open-source technology is part of our DNA. We are the maintainers of several popular open-source projects in the Kubernetes space:
- vcluster - Virtual Kubernetes Clusters: www.vcluster.com (certified Kubernetes distribution) / +2M Image Pulls on Docker Hub
- DevSpace - Docker-Compose But For Kubernetes: www.devspace.sh / +600k Downloads
- kiosk - Multi-Tenancy Extension for Kubernetes: www.kiosk.sh (AWS security best practice for EKS)
Our commercial product is called Loft (www.loft.sh) and brings all our open-source projects together in one platform which enables high-velocity engineering teams to move faster when building cloud-native software. Most of our customers are startup unicorns and Fortune 500 companies.
We are looking for a highly-motivated sales development representative, who is eager to join our fast-growing tech startup to play a critical role in proactively identifying and creating new sales opportunities. Your primary objective will be to drive new business through high-quality outreach and engagement with our open-source community and other prospective customers.
In this role, you will:
- Actively engage with new and existing leads through various outbound channels
- Build and nurture relationships with enterprise prospects from first outreach all the way to handing them over to their account manager
- Hit and exceed your quotas to ensure we meet our targets every quarter and continue to grow as planned
- Optimize our sales funnel end-to-end, including driving pipeline growth, automating outreach and optimizing time-to-close
- Collaborate with our marketing and design team to extend and refine our sales collateral and lead generation materials
- Lead the creation of repeatable outreach and prospecting processes to be able to scale up our pipeline quickly and efficiently
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary: We tend to pay higher wages than other startups.
- Platinum-Level Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance including plans for eligible dependents (depends on country)
- 401k Retirement Plan (US-based employees only, other offerings may apply in different countries)
- Flexible Working Schedule: You have a doctor’s appointment or need to head to the supermarket to get groceries at 2pm? We won’t have an issue with that. To us, results matter more than clocking in and out at the same time every day.
- Workplace Flexibility: If you want to work from home, that’s great! If you’d prefer to work in a coworking space, we can make that happen as well. If you want to relocate to our HQ in San Francisco, let’s discuss that. We’re flexible on all of this and we know things can change in life and we’re happy to adjust the work environment for you along the way.
Why join a startup like Loft Labs?
Since we are a fast-moving startup, you will not be number 396.589 in our company but rather become an essential part of our team right from the start:
- Fast Application Process: We will typically get back to you within a week. No need to polish your resume for us. Just send us some links (e.g. LinkedIn, etc.), answer a few questions about your previous experiences, and hop on a quick Zoom call with one of our team members to see if you’re a good fit. We will respond quickly and make hiring decisions within days rather than months.
- Open-Minded Work Environment: You can always speak your mind - no company politics or unnecessary formalities. We are operating in a lean, honest, and efficient way and we are looking for different perspectives, constructive feedback and creative, motivated people who want to make a difference.
- Grow With The Company: We are a small company right now but we are growing incredibly fast because we work on something that has a lot of value to engineering teams in large enterprises. Joining Loft Labs early will give you the chance to advance much faster to the next step on the career ladder than in any larger company.
- Responsibility From Day 1: You will see right from the start that your work will immediately have an impact in our company and you can shape the future of this company together with the rest of our team. Grow with us and benefit from being part of this journey from the start.
Culture & Values
At Loft Labs, we value and stand for:
- Technical Excellence: We are determined to build best-in-class technology and ship high-quality software because we know that our users are engineers themselves.
- Customer Obsession: We are going above and beyond to make our customers and users happy, which means striving for great usability, excellent documentation and support as well as fast response times for feature requests and bug reports.
- Impressive Speed: From user feedback to shipping a new feature to address this feedback, we usually take less than a week in most cases and our users absolutely love us for this.
- Bold Innovation: We are constantly questioning the state-of-the-art to find and address important issues in our space, even if that means abandoning any existing technologies and starting from scratch again.
- Open Source & Open Mind: We are actively contributing and maintaining open-source projects and we believe that building an open-minded team culture that respects different perspectives and welcomes constructive feedback is equally paramount to our success.
Loft Labs, Inc. provides equal opportunities for all candidates. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone who becomes part of our team. We are also actively promoting measures to reduce bias throughout our hiring process to ensure that everyone gets the same opportunities.