About Loft Labs
We are a venture-backed tech startup in hyper growth phase. Our headquarters are in San Francisco (Salesforce Tower) but our team is distributed across 8 timezones and we have a remote-first work culture similar to GitLab, Zapier or Stripe.
Our commercial product Loft (www.loft.sh) helps platform teams create a self-service system for virtual Kubernetes clusters using our vcluster technology. This has two major benefits: 1) It creates autonomy for developers and allows companies to build high-velocity engineering teams; and 2) It improves efficiency for running cloud native applications which can save over 70% of cloud computing cost for our customers.
We are generating revenue and growing extremely fast with a customer base that includes some of the biggest companies in the world (car manufacturers, Fortune 100 financial institutions) and some of the fastest growing tech unicorns.
Working on developer tools and open-source technology is part of our DNA. We are the maintainers of several popular open-source projects in the Kubernetes space:
- vcluster - Virtual Kubernetes Clusters: www.vcluster.com (certified Kubernetes distribution) / +10 Million Virtual Clusters Created Per Year
- DevSpace - Docker-Compose But For Kubernetes: www.devspace.sh / +1 Million Downloads
- kiosk - Multi-Tenancy Extension for Kubernetes: www.kiosk.sh (recommended by AWS as security best practice for EKS)
Our technology is used by companies such as Adobe, VMware, Gusto, Outreach, Codefresh, and many others.
What you'll be doing
- Create and refine Loft’s first new product release launch framework, metrics expectations, and release documentation
- Build out the sales collateral library & training process as the go-to-market team expands
- Build engaging technical content, tutorials, stories for the videos, stories for social media, thought leadership pieces
- Work directly with the product team to identify roadmap priorities assess market impact
- Propose and scope core product marketing efforts, including market segment research and validation, messaging, and storytelling
- Develop programs to drive strong feedback loops with the product, demandgen/digital, sales, and customer success teams
- Develop engaging content appropriate for key points in the customer lifecycle
- Drive expertise in the competitive landscape, articulate Loft’s differentiation and deliver related sales enablement and comparison campaign materials
- At least 6 years enterprise software marketing experience, including 4 within product marketing.
- Extensive experience in containers, kubernetes, various DevOps technologies, and cloud native landscape.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and iterate and deliver in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Skills to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Experience to be self-directed and working with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in pricing and packaging is a plus.
- Public speaking (conferences, meetups, expert panels, webinars) is a plus.
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary: We tend to pay higher wages than other startups.
- Platinum-Level Insurance: Health, dental, vision, and life Insurance including plans for you and eligible dependents (benefits vary depending on country)
- Flexible Working Schedule: You have a doctor’s appointment or need to head to the supermarket to get groceries at 2pm? We won’t have an issue with that. To us, results matter more than clocking in and out at the same time every day.
- Workplace Flexibility: If you want to work from home, that’s great! If you’d prefer to work in a coworking space, we can make that happen as well. If you want to relocate to our HQ in San Francisco, let’s discuss that. We’re flexible on all of this and we know things can change in life and we’re happy to adjust the work environment for you along the way.
Why join a startup like Loft Labs?
Since we are a fast-moving startup, you will not be number 14,589 in our company but rather become an essential part of our team right from the start:
- Fast Application Process: We will typically get back to you within a week. No need to polish your resume for us. Just send us some links (e.g. LinkedIn, etc.), answer a few questions about your previous experiences, and hop on a quick Zoom call with one of our team members to see if you’re a good fit. We will respond quickly and make hiring decisions within days rather than months.
- Open-Minded Work Environment: You can always speak your mind - no company politics or unnecessary formalities. We are operating in a lean, honest, and efficient way and we are looking for different perspectives, constructive feedback and creative, motivated people who want to make a difference.
- Grow With The Company: We are a small company right now but we are growing incredibly fast because we work on something that has a lot of value to engineering teams in large enterprises. Joining Loft Labs early will give you the chance to advance much faster to the next step on the career ladder than in any larger company.
- Responsibility From Day 1: You will see right from the start that your work will immediately have an impact in our company and you can shape the future of this company together with the rest of our team. Grow with us and benefit from being part of this journey from the start.
Culture & Values
At Loft Labs, we value and stand for:
- Technical Excellence: We are determined to build best-in-class technology and ship high-quality software because we know that our users are engineers themselves.
- Customer Obsession: We are going above and beyond to make our customers and users happy, which means striving for great usability, excellent documentation and support as well as fast response times for feature requests and bug reports.
- Impressive Speed: From user feedback to shipping a new feature to address this feedback, we usually take less than a week in most cases and our users absolutely love us for this.
- Bold Innovation: We are constantly questioning the state-of-the-art to find and address important issues in our space, even if that means abandoning any existing technologies and starting from scratch again.
- Open Source & Open Mind: We are actively contributing and maintaining open-source projects and we believe that building an open-minded team culture that respects different perspectives and welcomes constructive feedback is equally paramount to our success.
Loft Labs, Inc. provides equal opportunities for all candidates. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone who becomes part of our team. We are also actively promoting measures to reduce bias throughout our hiring process to ensure that everyone gets the same opportunities.