About Loft Labs
We are a venture-backed tech startup in hyper growth phase. Our headquarters are in San Francisco (Salesforce Tower) but our team is distributed across 8 timezones and we have a remote-first work culture similar to GitLab, Zapier or Stripe.
Our commercial product Loft (www.loft.sh) helps platform teams create a self-service system for virtual Kubernetes clusters using our vcluster technology. This has two major benefits: 1) It creates autonomy for developers and allows companies to build high-velocity engineering teams; and 2) It improves efficiency for running cloud native applications which can save over 70% of cloud computing cost for our customers.
We are generating revenue and growing extremely fast with a customer base that includes some of the biggest companies in the world (car manufacturers, Fortune 100 financial institutions) and some of the fastest growing tech unicorns.
Working on developer tools and open-source technology is part of our DNA. We are the maintainers of several popular open-source projects in the Kubernetes space:
- vcluster - Virtual Kubernetes Clusters: www.vcluster.com (certified Kubernetes distribution) / +10 Million Virtual Clusters Created Per Year
- DevSpace - Docker-Compose But For Kubernetes: www.devspace.sh / +1 Million Downloads
- kiosk - Multi-Tenancy Extension for Kubernetes: www.kiosk.sh (recommended by AWS as security best practice for EKS)
Our technology is used by companies such as Adobe, VMware, Gusto, Outreach, Codefresh, and many others.
We are looking for a highly-motivated sales development representative, who is eager to join our fast-growing tech startup to play a critical role in proactively identifying and creating new sales opportunities.
Your primary objective will be to drive new business through high-quality outreach and engagement with our open-source community and other prospective customers. In this role, you will:
- Actively engage with new and existing leads through various outbound channels
- Build and nurture relationships with enterprise prospects from first outreach all the way to handing them over to their account manager
- Hit and exceed your quotas to ensure we meet our targets every quarter and continue to grow as planned
- Optimize our sales funnel end-to-end, including driving pipeline growth, automating outreach, and optimizing time-to-close
- Collaborate with our marketing and design team to extend and refine our sales collateral and lead generation materials
- Lead the creation of repeatable outreach and prospecting processes to be able to scale up our pipeline quickly and efficiently
You are the right candidate for this opportunity if you have:
- 1-2 years of experience in software sales, business development, or similar roles
- A track record of over-achieving against defined metrics
- Experience in prospecting for and selling to IT and engineering decision-makers in Fortune 500 companies and post series B tech startups
- Genuine interest and excitement for selling infrastructure and platform technology in the cloud-native and open-source space
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that is constantly evolving as our startup grows
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- A team player mindset that will help you and your colleagues to stay connected and keep everyone in the loop while being remote
- Nice to have: Conceptual and architectural understanding of microservices, containers, cloud, Kubernetes, and modern developer tools
30 Day Plan
- Week 1: Understand the basics of the product, persona, and sales process. Shadow some sales calls. Role-playing and the first Friday you’ll do a call blitz. (We believe in doing and learning.)
- Week 2: Apply learnings into your next set of emails and calls. Learn a bit more about the product. (Shadow some sales calls as needed.)
- Week 3: Learn about objection handling. Talk to marketing about segmentation, messaging and by now you will be able to do a well organized initial call.
- Week 4: By now, you have a good grasp of managing your day. Maintain follow-ups from previous weeks. Take email/call messaging help as needed. By the end of the 4th week, you are ready to hit a high amount of activity level.
- Week 5: Segmentation and refined sequences. By the end of this week, you have successfully set up 4 qualified meetings.
- Week 6: You have mastered the process, you are hitting email and call volumes. You have hit 50% of your fully ramped quota.
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary: We tend to pay higher wages than other startups.
- Platinum-Level Insurance: Health, dental, vision, and life Insurance including plans for you and eligible dependents (benefits vary depending on country)
- Flexible Working Schedule: You have a doctor’s appointment or need to head to the supermarket to get groceries at 2pm? We won’t have an issue with that. To us, results matter more than clocking in and out at the same time every day.
- Workplace Flexibility: If you want to work from home, that’s great! If you’d prefer to work in a coworking space, we can make that happen as well. If you want to relocate to our HQ in San Francisco, let’s discuss that. We’re flexible on all of this and we know things can change in life and we’re happy to adjust the work environment for you along the way.
Why join a startup like Loft Labs?
Since we are a fast-moving startup, you will not be number 14,589 in our company but rather become an essential part of our team right from the start:
- Fast Application Process: We will typically get back to you within a week. No need to polish your resume for us. Just send us some links (e.g. LinkedIn, etc.), answer a few questions about your previous experiences, and hop on a quick Zoom call with one of our team members to see if you’re a good fit. We will respond quickly and make hiring decisions within days rather than months.
- Open-Minded Work Environment: You can always speak your mind - no company politics or unnecessary formalities. We are operating in a lean, honest, and efficient way and we are looking for different perspectives, constructive feedback and creative, motivated people who want to make a difference.
- Grow With The Company: We are a small company right now but we are growing incredibly fast because we work on something that has a lot of value to engineering teams in large enterprises. Joining Loft Labs early will give you the chance to advance much faster to the next step on the career ladder than in any larger company.
- Responsibility From Day 1: You will see right from the start that your work will immediately have an impact in our company and you can shape the future of this company together with the rest of our team. Grow with us and benefit from being part of this journey from the start.
Culture & Values
At Loft Labs, we value and stand for:
- Technical Excellence: We are determined to build best-in-class technology and ship high-quality software because we know that our users are engineers themselves.
- Customer Obsession: We are going above and beyond to make our customers and users happy, which means striving for great usability, excellent documentation and support as well as fast response times for feature requests and bug reports.
- Impressive Speed: From user feedback to shipping a new feature to address this feedback, we usually take less than a week in most cases and our users absolutely love us for this.
- Bold Innovation: We are constantly questioning the state-of-the-art to find and address important issues in our space, even if that means abandoning any existing technologies and starting from scratch again.
- Open Source & Open Mind: We are actively contributing and maintaining open-source projects and we believe that building an open-minded team culture that respects different perspectives and welcomes constructive feedback is equally paramount to our success.
Loft Labs, Inc. provides equal opportunities for all candidates. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone who becomes part of our team. We are also actively promoting measures to reduce bias throughout our hiring process to ensure that everyone gets the same opportunities.