Virtual clusters created through the vcluster cli or prior to Loft 3.0 can be imported into a project. This process will automatically create a 'VirtualClusterInstance' resource, and cause it to be shown under the requested project.
Importing vclusters and legacy Loft virtual clusters can be accomplished via the Loft UI or the Loft CLI.
- Select the Clusters field on the left menu bar.
- In the main work pane, click on the cluster containing the legacy virtual cluster you would like to import.
- In the Cluster Management view, click the button on the top navigation tabs bar.
- Find the virtual cluster you would like to import in the list of virtual clusters. Click the drop down arrow next to the virtual cluster name. In the drop down menu click the Import button.
- In the pop-up box, select the project you would like to import the virtual cluster into from the Select Project drop down box.
- [Optional] provide a name for the new 'VirtualClusterInstance' resource, if you do not provide a name, Loft will use the name of the legacy virtual cluster.
- Click the button.
loft import vcluster [vcluster-name] \
--cluster [cluster-name] \
--namespace [vcluster-namespace] \
You can list legacy virtual clusters via the cli by running the
loft list vclusters